Climate changes affect our weather and therefore our skin. You may find yourself struggling with acne, clogged pores and rashes, for example, unless you develop a well-rounded home skincare regime.
Integrate these five key habits to help combat how climate change can negatively affect your skin:
1. SUNSCREEN!!! UV rays are harsher each year. Whenever you are in direct sunlight, you need to reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours. Sunscreen in your make-up is not enough. I sell both DMK and Skin Scripts Sunblook (30) that I mix with moisturizer in the morning or after each facial to protect skin.
2. Skincare at home: I recommend my clients have a home skincare regimen where they cleanse, tone and moisturize in the morning and evening before bed. There are so many pollutants that the human eye can’t see that my mag lamp can detect in an instant. Often people with oily skin don’t think it’s necessary to moisturize, however a moisturizer can help reduce sebum production (which can cause blackheads) and add better texture to the skin.
3. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate: Once you have your home skincare process down, it’s time to add an exfoliant. Exfoliation helps shed dead skin cells, reduce acne and unclog pores. I usually recommend exfoliating 1-2 times per week, however it depends highly on your skin type. Serums are also necessary vitamins that help with collagen and elastin production to promote anti-aging.
4. Regular facials by an Esthetician you trust: Ideally, everyone should get a facial every 4-6 weeks. If on a budget, then I recommend at the very least, one facial quarterly. Please visit my page for examples of DMK Skin Treatments, facials and hair removal treatments.
5. Diet—moderation is the key! Living in the Southwest region, I can’t say it enough: WATER, WATER, WATER! Replace that morning caffeinated beverage with water with lemon or cucumber slices. Instead of getting fast food for lunch, make a little extra dinner the night before so that you can enjoy healthy leftovers for lunch. If acne is a problem, consider cutting out dairy. I’m not saying to cut all sugar, fats and carbs from your diet, however moderation is the key.
As an Esthetician and skincare Specialist, I read all the literature I can get my hands on. Experts advise people as young as 18 to start using anti-aging skincare products. It’s never too soon to develop habits that will keep you and your skin healthy
Please feel free to email me with questions at email@example.com.